Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Life is Great

If anyone is listening, I just want to say "Life is Great." Arizona's blistering heat has melted away and the best weather on Earth has presented itself to us. I can't reiterate it enough that I hate Arizona summers. They are torture. You end up spending alot of time inside or in your 90 degree pool water. So, when October arrives, I always feel a rebirth and shed my cranky skin. Therefore, with heaven's weather upon us, I decided to start my outdoors workout regimen all over again. Last night, my precious husband cleaned and put air in my jogging stroller's tires for me. What a sweetie! He knows that when I get a good workout in, I am a nicer, more focused, lovable person.

To kick off my season of greatness, I woke up and made some fresh juice using carrots, apples, kale, and a pear. Yummy, ya gotta love the Jack La Lanne juicer! I didn't ingest my usual dark roast with a shot of soy milk for no apparent reason. I guess you could say that I just needed a spark of earthly nutrients. After my morning earthy cocktail, I strapped my 2 year old, Jerry, in my jogging stroller and went for a ride. Well, actually he went for a ride and I set out to test the good ol' heart rate. With toddler in tow, I started huffing and puffing around my neighborhood. I can say that I am definitely not in the best shape of my life, but I felt good. While keeping an open eye out for our safety, I slowly slipped into my zone and meditated on life. I felt extremely grateful to live in such a beautiful state and neighborhood, to be healthy enough to jog, wealthy enough to own my stroller, and to have such great friends and family. Jerry and I pointed to the big yellow school buses as they passed and waved to the middle schoolers as they slowly walked to school. At the end of our route, we stopped by our neighborhood park and played on the slide for a little while. After hearing the growls in our stomachs, we headed back home to eat breakfast. The sun was shining....no worries...it was a great morning.

When I got back to the house, I started a fairly large painting (30" x 40") symbolic of the month of October and the awareness of breast cancer. The evolution of this painting will follow in my........yep you guessed it................... next blog.


Stay tuned...............................

No comments: